PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLYSCOOT AIR
Thread: FLYSCOOT AIR
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2014, 08:40
terd_ferguson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well not only do you need to consider the salary, but also don't they want you to deposit a substantial sum of money into a bank account as a bond? Why should anyone have to deposit their savings into an account they can't touch until their bond is over? Isn't the bond (for non rated) the same length as the contract - 5 years? While a bond is fair enough, and indeed industry standard, actually putting up the money for a bond is a ridiculous requirement. All this when you already have to pay 50% of the type rating cost (if non rated). And does the bond amount even reflect this?

I know that this was also the case with Singapore Airlines, but even though their expat contract was quite a bit better than Scoot's, it is stilll too much to expect people to put money upfront for a bond.

Maybe I'm wrong about this and I would be quite interested to hear all the fine details and exact figures for this contract, particularly regarding tye bond and type rating cost. Are you on a salary during the type rating?

Although a much smaller consideration, when it comes to renewing your medical every year etc, do you think the company will reimburse you for this, despite it being essential for you to continue flying for them? I'm pretty sure the answer is no - after all, they assume you have 'scootitude'!

I think their HR department and management have a combination of scootitude, incompetentitude and contemptitude!