PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light plane crash in the Barossa Valley S.A.
Old 28th Jun 2014, 19:18
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stones and glasshouses.

Engage auto drift.

Spelt, also known as dinkel wheat

Misspellings may be due to either typing errors (e.g. the transposition error teh for the), or lack of knowledge of the correct spelling. Whether or not a word is misspelled may depend on context, as is the case with American / British English distinctions. Misspelling can also be a matter of opinion when variant spellings are accepted by some and not by others. For example "miniscule" (for "minuscule") is a misspelling to many,[7] and yet it is listed as an acceptable variant in some dictionaries.[8][9]
I wish I had a dollar for every missed word, spelling mistake and badly constructed sentence that I write – if I could get the same deal from Pprune posted errors, I'd never work again. Alas.

Drift off.

Looking at the photographs of this accident is distressing and I would like to know the what, why and how of it. We can't prevent this one now; but I wonder, had the 'old' version Crash Comic been around, could that have been instrumental is preventing this one. The ASD at this time of year would carry the Fog, Ice and VFR into IMC stories larded with dire warnings and do's and don'ts. Perhaps not a silver bullet, but perhaps enough to encourage the 'let's sit this one out' mind set.

Another 'interesting' thought bubble, worth sharing is that it has been many years since I've seen a series of cold fronts, followed by the hard, flat, winter Westerly winds we have experienced lately. Fronts were, years ago a regular monster, 'we' routinely ran the gauntlet and 'learned' to deal with the beast. As said it's been many years since I've seen a 'proper' front and it occurs to me that there must be a generation of pilots now with a great deal of experience dealing with the sloppy, slushy mess associated with 'troughs'; who have never had a dance with the lovely Ana or, her sister Kata. You can meet them both, on line – HERE -

My sincere condolences to the families and friends.

Stay safe you lot....