PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2014, 15:27
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
On Tuesday evening we were back through the North with EZY. The French ATC delay was three hours but the Priority Pass lounge at IOM was a nice place to be!

We arrived at a bussing luggage point (belts 11 + 12, I think) and the bags from a BA EDI were there but no pax.

The belt was full of the EDI bags circulating and when the IOM bags arrived, the very smart system would not eject them on to the carousel as it was full ... after watching the belt do a full circuit with no bags being take off, I started hauling the bags closer together. The auto system had very neatly spaced the bags out and as each went past me, I pushed them closer together to create gaps. I found that the system liked to have at least a metre of space before it would deposit another bag!

It took about seven minutes of hard work until our bag arrived! Fortunately, the IOM pax were all on hand and started collecting immediately to ease the congestion and then the EDI pax arrived. There were no staff there as it was a bad day and we were so late.