PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio Discipline
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2014, 07:28
ExpatBrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee it's fun to read the latest post in a five page thread and see how little it has to do with the original topic!

I agree with the controller who started this one - we need to listen out better sometimes. But so do you.

I've long thought that if airlines using Dubai would simply read the AOI pages for the call requirements to departure and arrival, half the clutter would disappear. This is ESPECIALLY relevant for Emirates since it's our base. I heard an EK flight not long ago call arrival with call sign/passing level/cleared level/atis/qnh and squawk. I mean, seriously buddy? You live here. There's no excuse for that. This kind of clutter just ties up the frequency.

This next bit isn't racist but all of us who have flown to the sub-continent know the radio discipline there is terrible and they bring that into Dubai, tying up the radio here as well. Boys if you can only manage one thing, please wait your turn, that's all. Just do that.

And ATC isn't guilt free on this either. A lot of us out there have something to say or ask but it's tough with you telling us 1500 feet or better rate of descent in a hold, every. single. time. you clear us further down. That's just stupid.

So yeah, calls get missed but it's a shared blame I believe.

Oh and one more thing....Dubai is using min separation on final now and landing clearances are coming late. So if you don't keep it brief and wait your turn on that frequency people are going to be going around and it'll be your fault.