PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2014, 14:12
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure your points about rationalisation and line capacity are valid Shed, and I'd forgotten some of the Notingham trains went on to Skegness.

From a usage perspective, I have to day on the few occasions I saw those and the Euston trains at the Airport station, there were relatively few customers, although of course there may well have been much more traffic further along the routes.

On specific aviation matters, I understand flynas are scheduled to reduce to 2 x weekly over the winter. Given a couple of the recent outbound loads reported elsewhere, it's difficult to see the route lasting at all, unless there is a maximum amount of freight being carried below. Does anyone know if the decent Saudia loads have been maintained? The CAA stats reported 4,999 pax to Jeddah in May, but it's hard to assess Saudia without knowing just how bad the flynas figures were. If the latter averaged say 40 per flight, it would suggest an average for Saudia of around 150 but I imagine the J class loads and freight are vital components.