PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2014, 06:16
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great news re Metrolink

....in light of new info on PM maybe its Emirates ?

Seems to be a lot of uncertainty about US carriers in terms of equipment so are they really going to complicate matters further, by identifying the need for another frame, well lets hope so

That said if they do have spare equipment I think there is a lot to be said for adding more frequency on current routes.

I cannot help thinking that if we had more critical mass that would attract more punters. I am sure with LHR there is the

"damn missed that but we can get the next one syndrome"

Manchester does not have that , multiple frequency would really help !

BUT if its not them I would personally prefer Emirates !

I think I said 12 months ago that everything they touch "appears" to turn to Gold so I am pretty sure that they would make it work.

Like Ryanair they generate traffic where it did not previously exist.

Those business passengers that covert Dubai would instantly use a US service if they did business westbound, pretty sure it would pull in a lot of tourists.

It would also add frequency to Dubai in the other direction which I am sure we now need.

Might be well wrong but great news if its somebody prestigious like them or indeed EITIHAD OR SIA all the better.

Personally I'm convinced its a stopover IF its a current operator.

My only continuing frustration is how mush more could Manchester do if these service were really pushed hard here and at the originating point,
CLT being a case in point.

On a them any news on Rouge bookings......

PS Two Thumbs Up in one post, it must be Summer !