PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wind Turbines & Mil Ac Issues
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2014, 16:44
Lordflasheart

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Jamesman -

1. Can you please post the name of the Planning Authority (the Council) or a ref number so interested parties can look it up in detail.

2. I refer you to the Bullington Cross windfarm application that Winchester, Test Valley and Basingstoke Councils jointly refused last week. Allegedly MoD objected. EDF are expected to appeal.

BBC News - Bullington Cross wind turbine plan rejected at joint meeting

Hampshire wind farm refused over MoD concerns | Planning Resource

Planning Committee on 16 June 2014 10:00 AM ? Winchester City Council

This last link leads to detailed "Committee Reports."

I tried to find the definitive council website pages for more specific details of the application, but they all use user unfriendly software processes which makes it difficult for nosy gits – and I don't think they've updated anyway.

3. I was astounded to see that the Reading Green Park (single) wind turbine is claimed to have an historic operating efficiency record of just 17% of its full capacity and generates less electricity value than the subsidies paid to it in addition. A triumph of optimism over reality perhaps ?

4. I am told the Rule of Thumb says 5 - 15 - 25 metres per second windspeeds give you "start generating" – "reach rated power" and "stop generating" windspeeds for current wind turbines.

LFH