PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2014, 15:50
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough but given there are only so many airlines operating in the UK or into it.
And whittle that down to those who operate from smaller airports like MME surley at some point one of them will open a route.
Otherwise the place will shut.
So if all my questions are based on my lack of knowledge perhaps with respect you could list a few routes that are likely and would work.
There must be a point where airports n airlines read forums like this trying to gauge public opinion or needs.
If they are reading this thread which is probably the most negative thread on the whole board.
Theyd probanly not bother offering any routes given all the negativity.
London used to be a route that still pulled in passangers hence it operated for donkeys years.
Not everybody wants to go by train.
And have you considered that Stanstead fir example has plenty of destinations which would be handy for holiday makers who could fly direct to Stanstead and onto their next onward flight.
To my knowledge I dont know of a direct train between Teeside / Darlington and Stanstead or Southend or Lcy.
These days travellers like as less hassle as possible.
So what better than a feeder service to a big airport with a huve selection of onward destinations.
Without two or three train changes and dragging luggage around from train to airport !