PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2014, 02:56
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not how I would do the data analysis

I would say Delta @ $263 per hour, including retirement and profit share in the salary , are you for real ? Not how you do it.

80 hours a month at 263 gives you just over $250K (USD) or $274K (AUD)

So we have the highest paying US pax airline well under the base rates on Qantas 747/330/380 @ around $290K base salary, and as we know the 380 chappies average $415K.

Note that American and United don't earn as much as Delta

We all know that the QF pilots were crowing about how wonderful the US "big three" airlines had it in the late 1990s when they were likely ahead in $$. It was all quiet on the Western front from 2001 onwards when the US majors had their salaries slashed, massive furloughs , retirement funds all lost.

Yes the Americans have it so good and we all want some of that. Likely since 2001 through 2011 the QF guys were easily earning double what the US majors were. Wages for US only sprang back over last few years.

But the Americans were not iconic pilots , whereas their Qantas cousins are the truly iconic pilots.

Interesting data from Mr "Jetstar pilots get sh#t money" , just giving himself a little bit of pump up perhaps.

Really six thousand apps for cadets, don't you aqctually know the real story ? They put the piles into two mounds tossed a coin & half got binned then & there. I thought 90 or so went through Adelaide early nineties.

What would we say for 95 thru 99 when the program was only for relatives of company employees ?? Perhaps 300 to 400 applications , 50 cadets , and yes all 50 cadets have a direct connection with the company.

Qantas pilots: the best of the best