PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2014, 12:02
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
Fourteen months ago Fly boat north wrote
Hold a CPL and wish to complete MECIR which flying schools in Melbourne area currently have this approval, my understanding is that Oxford and TVSA currently are signed off. Does anyone know the mechanisms/rules of doing training under VET in terms of could you do it part time etc ? Any other schools got the tick in the box yet ?
Then 12 months ago
I know this has been asked , just couldn't find the thread.

As we know there is a fast track method of conversion via TTMRA.

The thread I saw mentioned some "mountain awareness" training maybe ten hours that would have to be done for an Aust CPL to convert to NZ CPL.
Also 12 months ago on a thread about becoming an Air NZ S/O
Do Australians have to first convert from a CASA licence to a NZ licence prior to lodging an application ?

Or can this be done once an offer is made ?
Then this about joining the virgin cadetship
How accurate is the PATS website in saying HECS debt of $75K plus company loan of $40K which you are required to pay back from year 1 - meaning first year of training or work.

So incur a debt of $115K - that is just for the FTA part ? What about aircraft endorsements etc , more $$ you have to pay or bond ?
Then 11 months ago this about a Cathay cadetship
Is the advanced program open now to non HKID holders or not. When you look at the cadet recruitment website it says HK only.

Is this actually correct - I knew the ab-initio was HKID only - and quite correct doing that I think.

If advanced is now open to HKID only - does anyone know when or if this restriction might be lifted.

Tried contacting company directly , never respond to an email, never answer a phone call
Eight months ago when he made this post about the pass rates at the virgin cadetship he was obviously not happy with the choices virgin made when choosing their cadets
Great pass rate in the first cohort of 8.

Only six remaining , a pass rate which can at best be a whole 75%

Whoo - Hoooo ; keep up the magnificent work Virgin , what a super selection you made.
I wouldn't be in a rush to take him too seriously