PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2014, 09:44
KABOY

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dear QF pilots,

Please understand that you are not the first pilots to be possibly made redundant and you won't be the last.

Also, please understand that you are not the first pilots within the 'group' to be made redundant. Unbelievably, there was a business successfully making money up until 2001 that was also cast aside with AN pilots leading to a huge glut of pilot supply. Thankfully those pilots sucked it up and accepted demotions and massive pay drops to avoid the long queue of pilots at centre link. Whilst you may feel sexually violated..... The reality is that the company is solvent and VR's are still on the table.

Sit back and think about those your peers who were faced with QF managers/ receivers who gave them no option. The hysteria that I read here is unbelievable. Like most private enterprises, well paid jobs are privilege, not a god given right! When the music stops, maybe some of you need to stop and say 'I made hay whilst the sun shone' not some of the pathetic drivel I have read.

And be grateful that there a jobs out there for qualified pilots, not like 2001 when a certain middle eastern gentleman decided to pay a visit to the US and put pilots worldwide on the unemployed list!