PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2014, 08:27
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadet entry for the back half of the 1990s well if memory serves me correct you could only actually apply if you had relatives inside Qantas, that would be from 95 to nearly 2000. So in fact you were not competing against 1000s of people in a lot of cases you were competing against really very few people for a place, because applications were not open to the public.

So let's not pretend that NASA was out here looking at the candidates that Qantas were also considering because as we know it just didn't happen that way, and they didn't in fact have a "whole lot more" than standard year 12 graduates. Because they were really just bog standard year 12 graduates who had the good fortune to have a relative within Qantas, and nothing more & nothing less than bog standard year 12 grads.

All Australian taxpayers have "skin in this game" & I would prefer $3 bill to go to things such as foreign aid , disabled people etc , education. & you nearly got the dough, Hockey was dumb enough to give it you, wanting to be the big business man making the big calls. Fortunately his bluster & BS got called by his party.

Aside from that if you guys can find managers dumb enough to pay you $600 /700K a year, well the very best of luck to you. Just don't parasite on the australian taxpayer to remain oh so iconic, I sure didn't see the AIPA release any media statement saying they opposed taxpayers subsidizing Qantas.

What arrogance Qantas displayed in even making the request.

Oh and you know the $ 1 Billion profit that you all keep talking about that was in FY 2008, everyone made money then, the last of the boom years.