PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2014, 07:59
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re United:

The BBC report 12 hours ago included this:
"Earlier, United Airlines also announced it will suspend some transatlantic flights from Dublin, Rome and Manchester in the same period"

Has anyone traced that announcement? It also refers to "some" t/a flights.
Does that imply all flights or just a reduction in frequency?

Like LAX LHR, if the story is true and complete, it is very puzzling if some other UK routes are surviving for that 9 week period. Is MAN really considered the weakest in terms of profitability? On the occasions I've looked on the web site, United's fares are usually more expensive than AA to New York and often dearer for connecting destinations than other US carriers. Checks on specific flights a day or so before suggest there is little or no availability in Business Class.

Sadly over the years, I've found that Bad News stories often prove to be true, while Good News rumours tend to take longer to come to fruition, if indeed they happen at all. Still, there's been a lot of positive developments recently so I guess some negatives are almost inevitable. Suspending both MAN flights for 9 weeks would however be pretty drastic if it happens, and some regular business customers may not easily be won back.