PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And now it's Manchester.....
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2014, 07:28
main_dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superfrozo, all I'm saying is that you're wrong about the AOA in this case: I'm quite happy with the way they went about this issue.

Aqis: you're absolutely right, but as usual reality is even more complex. Most of the MAN-based boys are ex-KA, they were gobbled up by us through no fault of their own. They would have a legitimate issue with being forced back to HKG on a package far inferior to that of their contemporaries still in KA (on full housing and ten weeks leave).

As far as people hired directly on a base, I have not met many who did not understand from day one that they were joining a HKG carrier and might reasonably expect to spend some of their career there. However, that understanding came hand in hand with the implication that the crewmember would have a say in when this happened (for an upgrade for example, or when kids reach a certain age), and it went without saying that it would be on a full expat package (there was nothing else at the time).

In summary I think Underpants is spot on: disaster averted for now but we need to work with the company find a solution acceptable to all of those involved in order to keep the positions viable.

MD