PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2014, 20:32
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its been reported on the BBC that UA EWR-BFS is being cut for 9 weeks from 9th Jan-11th March.

It also reports MAN has been cut during this period, although all flights remain bookable at this time and seem to be 'unconfirmed'.

DUB thread reports both DUB-IAD and DUB-EWR are being cut for 9 weeks.

If this is true for MAN too, I would be astounded and very worried.

The loads (and at a glance yield) were reported as strong to excellent last winter, and this will leave us with just 7 flights a week on a B757 to JFK.

What also confuses me, and, before I get jumped on this is not meant as any disrespect to BHX, just an observation, but, BHX has traditionally been cut to 5 weekly the past 2 winters, yet no word this is suspended. So, how MAN looses 2 routes over this period against a route that traditionally gets cut back, all sounds quite strange and I can't quite get my head around what has apparently gone so very, very wrong?

Even more baffling MAN is potentially about to be completely cut from the UA network for 9 weeks, yet Delta are staying daily this winter instead of going down to 5/6 weekly as winters past (and using the ever so slightly larger A330-200 instead of B767), and AA looking to use the B767 on ORD all winter. Why such strong confidence at 2 airlines but a stark cutback at another?