PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2014, 05:55
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skip - How would placing extra capacity out of say JFK, substitute for a chopped and apparently successful service out of Charlotte, currently a major US Air hub ?

Are the pax using this new service not coming from the region itself or at least a number of local commuter services OR would they be coming from right across the Southern States ?

I'm not being facetious btw way i'm just interested in your thinking ?

If its a general capacity issue USA - UK you could in effect put a service on from pretty much anywhere or increase frequency and it would presumably do well ?

PLUS as I have been saying for sometime "if" it becomes hugely successful rather than simply being pulled does it not get somebody somewhere within the new organisation changing their mindset ?

Either way great news...... AND "praise be" its being marketed !

Only my opinion but one wonders what may have happened had we had the following adverts

re Facebook/Twitter/website /Email call etc

....in the "pre booking stage", rather than after the service actually arrives ?

anyway some good advertising via the US Air feeds. (I wonder what or indeed who could possibly have spurred them into action)

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...newslink_21197

------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news re Manchester

Surge in passengers from BRICs

Tourism data shows surge in BRIC tourists to Greater Manchester - Manchester Evening News

Surge in Passengers from everywhere else

Manchester Airport passenger numbers to soar past the 22m mark - Manchester Evening News

The latter still seems to have the whiff of a self congratulatory puff piece, as the promotion of routes still seems adhoc, random
and fragmented ?

Absolutely fantastic stuff "on the road" with the Chinese currently especially re links to MUFC but what about say Egyptair, TAP, Transat and a few of the others ?

The marketing gaps are filling up but at times the speed of delivery can be glacial.

It needs people with the same relentless passion and enthusiasm we see channeled in one area used across not one BUT EVERY single route to every single follower using every single possible outlet.............otherwise well done 7/10

Last edited by Bagso; 10th Jun 2014 at 10:34.