PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Faa cpl me/ir to easa
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2014, 01:31
joao.oliveira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Kryukov.
I am currently converting my FAA to EASA and still in the process of the 14 exams.
I am having a hard time to memorize all the the answers for the exams. Yes, memorize. Many answers are wrong and you have to memorize them that way so you can pass on the exam. Conversion for EASA it's a pain because we all are already pilots. Some with few hundreds of hours, some with few thousands and some even with ATPL and captains for Airliners. When I started the process I thought I could handle the 14 exams in two seasons, 4 months. I was totally wrong. The exams will take me more than one year.
There are lots of people saying EASA is better than FAA and the other hand as well. In the FAA we have lots of safety seminars that we can attend for free and things are made so we can fly safe and on a practicable way. I remember when I took my CPL in the U.S. I studied the essential...and the essential only, if I want to know more, I can do a little research by myself. EASA is a different World. They teach almost everything you can imagine...and they forget the essential. That's why aviation in the EASA countries it's a rare and a spooky thing. For these 14 exams I've been memorizing the most ridiculous things you can imagine. The last exam I did, which was flight planning, I failed. Then I asked to see what were the wrong answers I had, I was sure I did enough to pass. They don't show what you have wrong or right. Their answer was "some of the answers depend on the brand of the flight calculator you use". It is something big time wrong in this EASA.
If you go for this conversion, be advised...This is a pain.
These 14 exams are totally wrong. It should be only 1 or 2, like air law....that's what they do in most of the countries.
Well...it's the World where we live, we can try to change, or adapt. I've been trying to change...and I've failed some of the exams already.