PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2014, 00:49
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Oicur12.again...

It does not escape me that airline costs are what occupies the minds of what passes for executives these days. Airline revenues, on the other hand, seem to be too mysterious to tackle. Unless its some derivative venture like selling frequent flyer points to credit card companies and the gullible travellers.

It may surprise you to learn that I was once an enthusiastic champion of cost- cutting, looking for inovative ways to perform tasks cheaper and better. The airline for which I did that is still flourishing. Great leadership.

For this pack of sphincters however I could not care less. That's because its mutual, and any savings which I could discover would be quickly claimed by some KPI whore to feed the bonus pool.

Those guys work their side of the street; I work mine. They have their costs and I have mine. If we ever get a board and executive that want to explore ways to make the legacy carrier work I will be their boy. Until then, I just do my job the best way I know how, engage my passengers and crew in a friendly, helpful manner and try try try to be objective about each day's new missive about stupid sh*t that the airline emails us. (akin to publishing ever new deck seating arrangements on a doomed ship)