PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2014, 23:24
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Postings such as my own, and those of Bagso, Skipness, FDF, LAX-LHR, LN-KGL and many others do not just magically appear. These more involved submissions require knowledge borne of in-depth research, professional expertise and considerable time invested in acquiring that. If we are to invest our precious time contributing to these discussions in good faith (and in a wholly respectful manner), then it it is most disappointing to find our postings abruptly deleted because a moderator disagrees with the views expressed. I have to tell you that I contribute a great deal of valuable time in doing my bit to help make PPRuNe the vibrant resource that it has become. You moderators are the law, but frequent contributors are the lifeblood and soul of the site.

I will do my best to respect the rules of the forum (as I always have) … respectful exchanges with those who hold different opinions, no foul language, no abuse. I am happy to continue informing, educating and answering questions across the PPRuNe forums where my years in the industry have afforded me the insights to do so. This effort and time I happily contribute free of charge. In turn, I appreciate the opportunity to learn from the expertise of others and bounce ideas off them.

Bagso, FDF, Skipness, LN-KGL, LAX-LHR and so many others similarly donate their time and professional expertise to PPRuNe discussions. However, if one finds respectful and entirely relevant postings randomly deleted by the invisible hand, it becomes difficult to maintain the enthusiasm to contribute. Can the time and effort required still be justified? Please be careful not to kill the geese.
Good point Shed, and thanks for the comments. Arbitary censorship is always a bad thing.