PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet
Thread: Cityjet
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2014, 18:10
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Just took them LCY to Dublin and return. Return fare for me, or rather my company, was £390, in Y (I actually asked our agent if it was C class), which by a substantial amount was higher than I've ever paid before on this city pair. Hey-ho, at least it is a business-style service and I can have a G&T on the return, as I have done ever since the Cityjet aircraft were painted up in Virgin colours, what was that, 20 years ago.

On the return, ask for that G&T, told they had discontinued all such drinks in Y about two months previously. Now available in C class only.

Now MD Christine Ourmieres may be trying to justify her continuing role to new owner Hans-Rudolf Wohrl by pretending this forces people to upgrade to C (which I notice, on peak-time business flights, contained just one solitary pax both ways, and this really makes you think it's not worth continuing with in that case), or they may feel that nickel-and-diming their "premium Canary Wharf clients" (according to H-RW in the current edition of the in-house rag in the seat pocket) is the way to go.

But it's not.