PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2014, 22:42
Capt Colonial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Plan

Had dinner with a consultant who had been involved with Qantas restructure. He said that once the grand plan had been rolled out and the long haul award was extinguished, the plan was to magically come up with a plan to equip Jetstar with 25 B787 to fly in both silver and red tails.
This isn't about pilots, it's about awards. Including the l/H flight attendants and engineers. There is a reason J* is working so hard on introducing the new 787. Their pilot award is 25% more efficient. Their F/A award is 66% more efficient etc etc
This is True
During the Qantas corporate management kite-flying, industry emotion, media frenzy and ambivalence of the Federal Government early December 2013 to February 2014, I was collating data for submissions to the Senate Committees on the Qantas Sales Act and Regional Transport inquiry. I spoke with several LNP Federal Ministers at length one of which was extremely enlightening and quoted the same or similar figures to qfpaypackets post.

Thus, the Federal Government and the Institutional Investors are aware of, or complacent, perhaps compliant of the elusive Qantas corporate master plan. It is about smashing industry awards and about union busting all rolled into one. That’s why Joyce and Clifford still exist at the top of Qantas management with the promise of 25% reduction in costs which has the institutional investors ravenous with fiscal anticipation. The result is the transition you see today. It is by any measure the most costly pathway for Qantas corporate to manoeuvre however and regardless the end result will see the full or near full demise of Qantas Longhaul. The final outcome will result in my brother and sister Pilots and I will ultimately lose our employment.

The Qantas share price is at $1:40 up from $1:18... Why? At Junk Bond Status and a poorly subscribed Capital Raising to support Debt.!