PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PTF - Has it gone this bad?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2014, 09:38
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saved a lot of money for my initial training by not doing my training in my home country ( The Netherlands ).
I have done integrated training in Lithuania. At the end I received my EASA F ATPL CPL MEP SEP IR + MCC for about 80-100K euro's less then in NL.That incl. Living expenses.

At the moment I am in training in European Airline, not for FO but other job, and they mentioned already to me that chances are big that I can upgrade also pretty quick to FO. And then Without paying for TR.

Of course I have to make it through training now. But when that all goes well, I work in an European company with normal T&C's.

Besides that the job I will do is really interesting and great experience which I will take with me in my backpack for my later career in this company as a Pilot.

Just be creative and you will find your way in via a normal road. Without paying a load of money for some P2F program in some strange country where good T&C's are not known.

I always refused these programs. If I had the money I could have jumped in a program . Because I received an offer to fly for European Company , but TR was very expensive. Though I would get Permanent contract, but earning back that TR with the low Salary which was offered is just impossible. I would have had to live under the bridge.

And another Option which was offered to me for TR+LT 500 hours and then another 2YR contract after LT I also refused.

Just stand your ground and refuse these programs. Then you will find something. But you have to accept another job maybe first and work your way into the company. And as I mentioned before. You can learn a lot this way. It is NEVER a waste of time.

Appreciate the opportunities you get. Also when it is not immediately a job as FO.

I am very happy with the chances I get with this company I most probably will work in.