PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream IV in Bedford MA
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2014, 20:56
fantycloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crash

EMAS installed after the challenger runoff in TEB, and the southwest runoff in MDW (if im not wrong it wasnt there before).... so the EMAS folks are on the way to BED and some low politician will get credit for making BED safe.

The theory of nutcraker retraction is difficult to see because the preliminary reports indicate between 115-165kts at time of impact. so it never went down below 65kts. This was not a soft impact this was a high speed crash. Highly unlikely that trs would stow at impact, impact is impact, things dont have time to return to different positions at time of impact... This is the first thing NTSB looks at because its a tried and true system.

It sucks that the media doesnt cover this, such an important event. We just have to wait for NTSB details. With a big name like Katz I assumed that it would be nonstop coverage... but it wasn't.

I can't figure this one out, but I like reading everyones experiences and takes. Maybe flaps were not down and they tried to drop them while rolling down runway, or their trim was way off just inside t.o. trim. You can have an airplane within to trim and no horns and just a difficult time to pull aircraft off ground. Maybe they hesitated and tried to take off, aborting the abort?