PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2014, 19:57
LN-KGL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do I need to remind you about what is flying over Battersea Power Plant Nigel?

Ryanair did earlier these cheap deals with airports and named the airports with city names that were very misleading.

As LNIDA showed Skipness One Echo, to use the word start is correct since this is a Gatwick thread. Another start will be the scheduled Thomas Cook flights to the JFK and MIA next year - one of the charter converts I referred to. BTW, German Condor has flown such flights for years now (to SEA and LAS from FRA).

Now back to Ryanair and their possible flights across the Atlantic. Mr. O'Leary has earlier this year again mentioned 10€ flights to BOS and JFK. Already today is Ryanair flying leg lengths of over 2,300 nautical miles (like NYO-TFS). A flight DUBlin to BOSton is only 300 nautical miles longer than today's Skavsta (NYO) and TeneriFe South, but this is far from the longest scheduled B738 flight performed by one of the European LCCs. Norwegian's 2,776 nautical miles long OSL-DXB is the longest - and even BOS-MAN would have been 35 nautical miles shorter than OSL-DXB. I don't think MOL will use their regular B738s on flight across the pond, but he did blame Mr. Kjos for buying all the Dreamliners available the next 3-4 years. To me this is a clear indication he and Ryanair is seriously considering flying TATL.