PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is it, FC, MT, TC or Thomsons?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2003, 23:00
NACUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny,

I do not believe you should state publicly that you are fed up with MYT pilots. In your position and with this toy set of yours, which you now run as a business, you should keep your position and views private.

Your reply clearly indicates your bias and thus the methods being used to attempt to bury this thread. Firstly, it was moved very quickly from News and Rumours to this secondary / minor forum and the link, which appeared at first to link this thread to the latest threads on the PPRuNe home page was discontinued. You have also allowed the original thread by Niteflite01 to continue unabated on Rumour and News and have only just moved it to page 2 of Airlines, Airports and Routes. Furthermore, the title was only changed when it became apparent that MYT was still flying. The beginning of that thread by Niteflite01 (The End of MYT) was an absolute disgrace and the resulting discussions were clearly about an airline. Why was the thread not moved immediately? I have no qualms about posts and discussions on PPRuNe about MYT or MT or any other company.

I accept my first post on PPRuNe did not use the most diplomatic language, it was not intended too. I and many of my colleagues do not have any “paranoid delusions” about the power of PPRuNe, but I note you also accept that the media use the forums. No one, least of all I or Kinsman is blaming PPRuNe for anything. All we are asking for is fair play, unbiased umpiring and a neutral stance to be made by you and the moderators.

My post has obviously hit a raw nerve. Thomson Holidays results can be found and downloaded from www.companieshouse.co.uk as can the results of any UK company, either UK owned or by an overseas company. Please do not try to pretend they are not British companies. In the fullness of time we may all be European.

I knew when posting it, it would upset a lot of people. I also knew that I would take a lot of flak. We in MYT have taken a huge amount of grossly unfair stick from all sections of the media and on PPRuNe. Your response only confirms my view that some of the PPRuNe administrators, along with certain sections of the media, competitor companies and other individuals, including pilots, would like MT to fail. I decided it was time to fight back.

Perhaps a responsible journalist or the Sunday Times Insight team would care to do an unbiased, in depth investigation into the financial situation of the whole of UK airline and tour inclusive industry. I am sure that the ensuing article would be enlightening and I repeat that all I am asking for is fair and balanced treatment. I do not expect any section of the media is going to ignore MT’s past, current and future situation.

I fully accept that MT has gone through and is going through an extremely difficult period in its history and has some major hurdles still to over come to ensure survival. We are not out of the woods yet, but trees are being cut down.

As I have asked you privately, I now ask you publicly to move this thread back to its rightful place on Rumour and News.