PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2014, 08:41
OneDotLow

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I will tell you one thing you here a lot of people who work for Jetstar and Qlink saying well we make a group a tonne of money & we can't get a pay rise. I think the Jetstar pilots EBA has been expired for nearly two years. But who cares about them, at least the mainline chappies got a new EBA. So you know that last word you called me , really puts that in a bit of different perspective.
I think you will find that QF LH pilots (as opposed to QF SH pilots) have a WD not an EBA, and there is a very large difference, given what you are trying to infer and the background to the WD being written. It was also 2011 that negotiations for an EA stopped.

How long has the QF SH EBA been expired for now? I think you will find QF domestic made more money than JQ and QLink consistently for many years up until the capacity war with VA.

Whilst 'parasite' might not be the right word, I think 'dill' is. You are an ill informed, 'fact' twisting, divisive troll who will stop at nothing to bring down others, most of whom I'll bet you have never met, and if you did, would never sit down and waste their time with you.

As I have stated numerous time in this board and others, the 'Qantas Pilot' (or for that matter, JQ/VA/TT pilot) that you facelessly and namelessly rant about on here is but a figment of your imagination, built purely from what I can only assume is smatterings of mistold anecdotes and your own jealousy.

The 'facts' as you present them are totally invalidated by your inability to present them in their entirety, or more likely your inability to investigate them in their entirety. For you to jump on here and presume that it is a QF LH pilot's own personal fault that they work less than the regulatory/WD limits is a pretty big call, considering that it was only a few short years ago that almost every fleet was bumping up against either the monthly or annual hours limits.

The pay scales you inaccurately reproduce here, or more accurately the ones contained in the precursor to the WD, were negotiated to the backdrop of a $1B annual profit and found to be perfectly acceptable to both the company and the pilots, and it was only by direction from executive level management that Qantas was not able to continue negotiations with AIPA in 2011. That is fact and is admitted by those sitting on both sides of the table. Whilst neither party was without fault, had they been able to negotiate without interference from above, perhaps a more appropriate outcome would have been reached, given the global financial crisis was still very much at play.

I wish you well in your quest for more accurate knowledge.

Last edited by OneDotLow; 6th Jun 2014 at 09:12.