PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2014, 23:43
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What we really need is 12 A380 a day to LHR. Canx AA, Delta, SIA etc
Why must you always define this in divisive terms? It's always "north v south" when you fail to understand that undermining the main UK hub will only favour AMS/CDG/FRA or any offshire Alliance hub. You don't like BA, fair enough they have a poor history at MAN. Yet Virgin only operate holiday flights with wide bodies from MAN, the EWR/JFK often winked and hinted at, never came in 17 years of the base. Yet now VS offer a one stop Virgin service to whole long haul network and all you do is see the negative, again. They also offer more options to connect with Delta over LHR, and whilst I would live to see the MAN-JFK back, it's still a commitment and a decent option. No one except you is suggesting A380s on domestics, however anything that offers the consumer more choice at a decent price and protects UK jobs is good in my book. Who is suggesting Delta or AA should pull out of MAN in favour of only LHR? You're making up a bogey man for an unfounded fear.

QANTAS and Cathay left when BA codeshares came into play, but QANTAS left everywhere except LHR and Cathay are coming back. Not every connecting option means non stop is removed bagso! Shed, your point about jobs is a good one, but bagso is being anti LHR in order to be pro MAN. Robbing Peter to pay Paul won't help here, and I have never suggested London jobs are in any way more British than any other part of the UK. More jobs and links from both airports are the aim surely.