PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulfstream IV in Bedford MA
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2014, 21:47
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello astra driver

I want you to understand this is in the most desperate of conditions. That there is no hope with any conventional, trained or other thing we might have tried in a simulator or in real life.

I want you to understand that this is not a sure thing or advice for anyone who has any other options.

It presumes that the engines are running. But that some control problem has happened after V1 with no hope of stopping and the runway ends with a cliff or in the depths of the ocean or something horrific.

I would go to full flaps and firewall power an in hopes of getting airborne in one way or another and that the flaps would somehow be more appropriate to any jammed stabilizer setting. And that this would somehow give me a moment to do something else. It seems that this type of plane has unusual trim with a moving stabilizer for flap changes and elevator tabs for conventional trimming. Something odd in transport planes that I have flown (737 among others).

You asked and I wanted to share it with you as you appear to be another professional pilot. I hope you will understand the preamble and that it would not be a normal or trained for emergency situation. AND THAT IT MIGHT NOT WORK AT ALL! ;-)