PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is it, FC, MT, TC or Thomsons?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2003, 19:49
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Actually, the MYT shares are up because the MYT thread was moved to this forum.

Care to elaborate on what 'censorship' has taken place Kinsman? I can still find and read both this and the MYT thread. Does your dictionary have some other definition?

I am fed up with the accusations from a few naive MYT pilots who are under the impression that because people on PPRuNe discuss the content of some 'bad news' report about their company in the financial section of a newspaper that somehow I am trying to undermine MYT and bring them down. Such paranoid delusions and belief in the power of PPRuNe are worthy of serious psychological examination.

This thread is NOT about a major UK tour operator. It is about a German tour operator. The fact that the thread starter was under the impression that a bit of schadenfreude would somehow balance things out and cause the press to pay less attention to MYT and more on TUI shows astounding naivety.

Trying to blame PPRuNE for somehow directing the media and highlighting MYT's problems is pathetic. The attitude of some posters is indicative of 'head in the sand' syndrome. By assuming that if the thread was closed everything would be OK and the press would ignore MYT's financial problems they are ignoring the fact that the people who make the real decisions are the banks and the major investors (the ones who make a difference) and they base their decisions on announcements from the companies and the banks. Oh yes.. and PPRuNe

I hope MYT pulls through this difficult period and that all my friends who work for them have a better future. The debate about MYT and TUI and all the other companies will go on. I just hope that the debate can remain about the issues and not about the paranoid delusions of a few posters.