PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2014, 23:05
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All,

I was just wondering what people's views are on whether BA may open DEP for the 777. Like is it a likely occurence or is it so remote for the next coming 5 or so years you wouldn't even consider preparing for it with the mass short haul recruitment planned. I'm not entirely sure on when the last time BA did this but think it was about 7 yrs ago. It would seem that future long haul crewing requirements are going to be met by guys on the A320 within BA and few if any to "outsiders" so to speak.
The site at the moment for the DEP states clearly that it's only for A320 and from reading on here I get the impression that even with an A320 TR you're at a huge disadvantage if you've now gone onto the 777 or any other aircraft and so aren't current on it. I'm considering a move home in the coming years but as you may have guessed I would really like to remain on the 777. Please don't berate me, i'm aware beggars can't be choosers but i'm just interested in the likelihood of me getting my break. I'm not bothered about command for the time being either.

Thank you to all who help !