PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why is 200 hrs better than 1500 for a jet job?
Old 2nd May 2003, 06:50
lovefly1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello fox,

I am new to this web site and I am a new commercial pilot with 200h and 50 hours IFR.I have sent one resume and I have received a call from a big airline asking me to fly for them. So what's the hell are you talking about, it's plenty of jobs there.My school?: the one who promess me to have a job right after I finish, and they were damn right because now I am a first officer on the A340. My pay? 32000 pounds/year.Next year I will move on the B777 because my boss told me I am a good guy.
what do I do in the plane? a lot: I flip up and down the gear level, I read some checklists, and I press enter on the FMS after the captain have entered important datas in the computer.Maybe it sounds a little to you, but when you have a cup of tea and you have to talk about you vacation to the flight attendants, believe me, it's not an easy task.
So guys, do not go fly to many hours, because airlines are looking for pilots like me.Less you have, better it is. I am even thinking to throw away my logboog or to write 0 hours inside. I do not know even why I went to an elementary school. I mean a retarded have more chance to fly a jet than an experienced flight instructor. I regret one thing in my carieer, it's to have let a flight instructor to teach me how to refuel a plane, bacause now, someone is doing it for me(hihi!!).Last time, I remember I gave the instruction to refuel 10'000 gallons, as I am a novice on the A340, I told to the guy 10'000 litrers instead, and we finished with 2 engines cutoff and by chance we glided to Luton(hihi!!!).When back on the ground, my boss told me I am going to fly the B777 because this aircraft is equiped with a system to avoid such mistake.
As you can see, better to have less than more (hihi!!)