PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is it, FC, MT, TC or Thomsons?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2003, 02:40
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 157 Likes on 32 Posts
Some objective, balanced reporting would be nice.

I agree that perhaps this has not been raised in the most mature way, but it does highlight the fact that ALL tour operators are having a tough time at the moment. The media focus (for understandable reasons after last years monsterous mismanagement) is on MT, but Joe public seems to be blissfully unaware that certain other companies are in, perhaps, just as much trouble and yet there is nothing mentioned in the press.

MT have all the bad news out, have taken tough decisions and will hopefully turn things around. Constant attack by certain elements of the press are not making it any easier.

I certainly do not gloat at the misfortune of anyone - I know how it feels to have the axe hanging over you - not pleasant.

Today is the start of summer season. I wish a prosperous one to all concerned and hope that war, SARS, economy, earthquakes, terrorism etc etc do not take their toll.

Happy summer and safe flying to you all.

A4

Just noticed, this has been moved from the main Rumours forum. Can anyone explain why, please ? The main "Future of MYT/Kestrel" thread has been "front page" for weeks now.......... just seems a bit curious.

A4