PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2014, 16:12
keeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Wiggy,

Haha "another place".. I like that touch Whether to join BA or not will ALWAYS be a topic up for discussion, it always has been... even without the current changes in situation and the vice versa's going on between a career at easyJet or at BA. This thread always crops up at time for recruitment and as well all know it can only boil down to the individuals desire and/or preference for their own career.

They have indeed.......as you probably know that only happens when there aren't enough pilots who meet the criteria for an internal transfer via the annual bid process, and/or if there aren't sufficient people bidding to leave short haul (yes, in the dim and distant past it used to happened....blimey, those were the days.....).
I was one of them and consider myself highly fortunate to not be in the position that some of my friends are in on the Airbus right now....

Interesting times lay head and it will be genuinely interesting to see if the level of applications is as high this time around as it was back in October 2010 when the doors were last opened!