PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 65K Plus for an ATPL?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2001, 15:53
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 225 Likes on 86 Posts
Wink

Thanks for that Paul - I was preparing to do a bit of counterbalancing but there is no need now.

I can see the logic of the scheme. Could be devisive I imagine on the ground but then students would be best advised to think of their training AS a competition - albeit a friendly one.

I think the old style CTC airline placement scheme was a better deal but that seems to have died a death.

Personally I'd like to see all the airlines stop sponsoring altogether in their current form. Instead they could pick up student half way through their courses and sponsor them from that point. Much easier to select someone on the basis of a couple of months groundschool and the first 50hrs of flying done.

Then utilise the instructors to make the assessments...

The students would all be people who had made a commitment to aviation rather than just filled out a form they found in the careers office. The instructors would have their job role enhanced. The students would have better motivation to work hard - and SOME need that. The training risk for the airlines is reduced and everyones happy...

When I'm in charge of the CAA...