PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 65K Plus for an ATPL?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2001, 01:18
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Sound advice from Window-Seat IMHO.

On the subject of HSBC loans:

I recieve, quite regularly, e-mails from folks wanting to know tips and info on getting a Professional Studies Loan. So to save replying to all and sundry I will put my views and experience down on this thread seeing as there is a big reference to PSLs on this topic.

You can borrow £60k+ from HSBC but you will need security (house is the most popular) and you will need a sound business plan and the 'right approach'. It is true that I do know of people who have borrowed in excess of £60k and yes the interest is quite alot!
In order to apply for a PSL you should call your nearest branch telling them you would like to apply for a PSL and how much! Then ask for an interview with someone who is authorised to grant the loan.
Take your business plan and completed application form (available in most branches) and dress in smart business wear. If your parents are kind enough to offer security then take along one of them to inforce the commitment they are offering. This will help alot as the bank will see that you all mean business.
Set out your plan and make a big effort to get on with the manager seeing you. Common sense really.

If you are struggling to get security on a loan of Ab-initio proportions then you will struggle to get the loan full stop. Unless you have a degree and/ or an offer of an interview from an airline then I think you will be shown the door pretty quickly. I may be wrong but if you were a bank manager would you go for it? Perhaps not.

The business plan needs to include all the nessesary information including; Course cost, living expenses, travel expenses, what the course involves (bung in the brochure!), what you can *expect* to earn in that first job you're going to walk into straight after training and basically other usefull info (if you can find it) such as average pilot salaries, employment statistics and so on....

You can borrow alot on PSLs - just ask and see.

VFE.

[ 29 August 2001: Message edited by: VFE ]