PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major pilot shortage.......apparently !!!
Old 1st May 2003, 20:03
Northern Highflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major pilot shortage.......apparently !!!

I was handed an article published by the Express recently which was advertising the CTC Mcalpine scheme. This is all well and good but I think the wording could have been much better in parts.

I have searched for the article on the net without success but basically it was claiming that there will be a major shortage of pilots in the near future due to retirements and ex RAF crews not converting to commercial.

I know it's an advert so they will say anything but comments like this are so annoying. You only have to look on here to see that there's a queue of fATPL and experienced guys looking for work, never mind the wannabes.

The article made it all sound so easy to do. Just pay £165 ish for the selection process and away you go, 2 years and qualified with no outlay. Get real !!! makes my blood boil reading stuff like this. No doubt they will be swamped with offers.

The CTC scheme is great I am sure, but painting such a distorted picture of the industry doesn't help anyone, least of all those who are already making (have made) the effort to succeed with little to show for it so far.