PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 65K Plus for an ATPL?
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2001, 13:40
bow5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

MURRAY, we were told at the seminar in August that the partnership programme was now the ATPL and cost 54k. I got the impression that was why the cost had risen from 48k. Now they say its 65k for the partnership programme.

This drives me up the wall!! If you are not guarenteed a job, even on the partnership programme, then what the hell chance has anyone got who is on the normal ATPL course? Surely, if the ATPL course isn't sufficient for people to gain employment then everyone should be doing the partnership programme.

What makes it worse is that at this seminar someone asked a question about aptitude testing and recieved a reply along the lines of "we don't think aptitude tests are relevant. We like to see people who have failed the aptitude tests but are still determined". Everyone knows that is rubbish and that aptitude tests are very important. AND WHAT HAPPENS?! Suprise suprise, people who are attempt to go on the partnership programme are aptitude tested!!

There is too much inconsistancy in the information they give out. More to the point, if I get one more school/airline saying that early 20's is the best time to train i'll scream. How on earth do schools expect people who have spent three years at uni and graduated at 21-22 to find 65k to then train as an airline pilot. According to the OATS website, the HSBC will only give proff development loans up to 30k. That leaves 35k to find. Who are they kidding?