PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2014, 04:46
hotnhigh

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Shortly Alan and Leigh will unveil a billion dollar loss. Engineered or not, its a ridiculous situation where they will operate as the worse politicians under the sun to remain in tenure.
They have already caused enormous angst to thousands for their management skills, delivering many to the queues of centrelink.
The armchair MBA experts that provide such insights on these forums neglect the evidence from the people who work on the front line and have been arking up about what is going on for a very long time.
The conservative nature of most of these dedicated employees is being abused by Leigh and Alan in their right wing ideological fight. All for what?
There is not one metric that anyone can point to that indicates that Jetstar has been the resounding success, be it yield or profit. At the end of the day, that's what counts. BS line in the sand methodologies, NPS, executive bonus schemes, wrong aircraft, the reduction and downgrading of qantas aircraft standards on all routes is what is ultimately going to kill the lot. Including Jetstar. Unfortunately its only the front line staff that have the ability to see what is occurring.
I don't hold Master Cautions optimism. These people will say and do whatever it takes to remain on the their exorbitant wages, until the end.
Can someone please indicate why Lyell and Simon are still in place? I'm scratching my head to work out what exactly they may do or add to the business.