PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2014, 18:30
Danny212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hazzageejay:

For Qatar's MPL, the costs include a TR on the A320. You're right you do not get an ATPL, however upon completion of 1500 hours on the MPL, your license (probably through a straight-forward conversion) becomes a regular UN-FROZEN ATPL.
You are correct, you're screwed if you get fired for no reason, however most airlines won't do this. If you screw up and don't follow SOP's a few times, then you face going through the formal disciplinary process. But this is with most airline related roles, and I know this working on the ground for a large british airline. So brace yourself for this, aswell as a massive change in lifestyle and culture in Qatar. You'll either hate it or love it, but every experience is a new experience, and as long as you're up for the challenge you'll do fine.

With the CTC Wings route, you are correct, you end up with the standard FROZEN ATPL, which only get's unfrozen at 1500 hours - EXACTLY the same as the MPL. BUT there is NO GURANTEE of a job, there is no TR included (which will more or less cost approximately £20k more). It's a brilliant course with hopeful job prospects but the biggest thing there is no guarantee.

HOWEVER, you CANT apply to BOTH SCHEMES. CTC will shortly ask you to pull out from one. The reason is because when you apply for the MPL, you follow the exact selection procedure as the Wings course. You sit the same pre-screening, PILAPT, interviews. IF you pass the PILAPT and interview, but your scores are not high enough to be shortlisted to the final interview with Qatar Airways, CTC will advise you whether or not you have met the entrance requirements for their Wing's course.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing and if I've missed anything or said something wrong then someone will correct me

God luck!