PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 21:25
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What strikes me is how bad the North is at marketing its tourist and other assets relative to Scotland, Ireland and the South.

Precisely why the airport and associated agencies up here need to do get their proverbial marketing backside in gear because nobody else will !

Not helped however by the utter @@@ that is @visitbritain !

Here we really need a smiley face icon with a singular erect finger !

Check out the images on page 1 to see where this site promoted by central Government is going, London Cab, Knotting Hill Festival , Bucks House, it may as well be called visitLondon.

Helpful discounts for The London Eye, Oyster Cards but every other "English" region can take the high road.

The page references outside London appear begrudging, there is little balance !

As for the page re getting here from abroad..... yes its Heathrow !

Whilst there are links to Wales and Scotland, AND London which incredibly ALSO has its own site, there is barely anything to suggest worth visiting in The North, this despite the fact that Manchester is indeed number 2 inward destination after London.

Chatsworth less than an hour from MAN is the second most popular stately home in the UK precisely the type of market for US/ Chinese tourist agencies assuming somebody tells them they do not have to use LHR !

Lake District, Peak District, Chatsworth, Chester, York, Golf Coast, N Wales Castles .... are you there !

PS ...I'll tip my hat to Stockport, hardly that bad, AND at least only 15mins from the utterly gorgeous High Peak, Beats Buckingham Palace and those lovely London hotspots, although beneath this flimsy veneer I raise you Tower Hamlets, Newham, Tooting, Hackney, et al, AND only 5 minutes away. !

Last edited by Bagso; 26th May 2014 at 21:48.