PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC24
Thread: Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 00:05
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Thank you Morno (and others) I can see the case for using Flash, Shiny Jets for inter-hospital transfers due to time critical patients, crew re-location inconvenience (for want of a better word) and etc. I hadn't considered all that inter-hospital transfers involved.
You're welcome. Always willing to educate others on the services that RFDS provides. Many people around the country just don't have a clue as to how much work they actually do. And it's not their fault. The days of just being there to pick up a ringer in a paddock after he's fallen off a motorbike are gone. Now they do that and so much more.

However, still struggling to see the case for using FSJ for clinic runs.
I think you missed the part where I stressed that I very highly doubt any jet would be used for these. Think of the jet as the long distance, time critical machine, and the PC-12/B200 as the short distance, initial response, dirt machine.

carrying non-RFDS personnel (I believed Allied Health personnel are not RFDS employees but, as always, willing to be corrected)
And I will correct you, . RFDS is a large provider of Allied Health Services in many states around the country now. You can find information about these services on their website.

In days past, a lot of the Clinic runs were done by charter companies. However, there were many more benefits to using their own aircraft and pilots. I'm not going to detail these because I can't.

It'd be safe to say that they've done more than just their homework on the jet/high speed platform subject. It's just been a case of finding the right machine for the job. Afterall, it'd be irresponsible of them to splurge on a nice jet that was only half suitable for the job. Now that the PC-24 has come along, maybe it ticks all the boxes.

morno