PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2014, 22:02
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey Consultant...

When this becomes a forum for non-pilots to opine on relative salaries then I will bow out. What has incited you so? My disdain for consultants? My distaste for agitprop?

You are advancing a narrow argument about pilot pay, insisting that until we are paid the lowest common salary we are the problem.

Do your clients actually pay you to sing that one-note song?

As has been amply revealed to you, Qantas management have failed in just about every initiative they have attempted. The core business has no plans for routes or fleet. As you point out, even if we worked for nothing there would be no guarantee of success. So why would I accept lower T & Cs? So that Joyce could then argue for a bigger bonus?

I am not a Qantas lifer...and I do see many areas for improvement. I used to point out the gross inefficiencies that were evident, but over the last decade or so working for looters I stopped caring. The current and former CEO taught me well: grab as much as you can with both hands and blame the other guy.

For those who are not familiar with "agitprop", look it up. It is a method of swaying public opinion first developed by the early Soviets. It is in widespread use today, inciting outrage by yelling half-truths, then dividing opinion with what appears to be a reasoned counter argument. Fox News/Rush Limbaugh do this for the Koch Brothers. The Professor is attempting it for Clifford.

Last edited by Australopithecus; 25th May 2014 at 23:19.