PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC24
Thread: Pilatus PC24
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2014, 15:30
FGD135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Nomad,

Thanks for that. You'd think that information would be prominent on the Jandakot airport website, not a website called "aviationwa". I did do a Google search but didn't see that.

I see from that "2014 Master Plan" that the main runways will indeed be extended - to 1,508 and 1,600 metres respectively. I suspect that will definitely make PC24 operations feasible all year round, and this is a good thing, given how choked Perth airport is.

Howard,

I have met several Western Ops pilots that would be aged in their mid-twenties. But that is really a moot point because:

1. The 1.67 factor will definitely apply;
2. The PC24 pilot group will be a different and separate group to the current PC12 group (because that is a cheaper way to do things).

If we are serious about providing the best medical service possible ...
I think you will find that it's not about providing the best possible service, but rather, the best service that can be achieved with their budget. This is an important qualification because it highlights the financial realities. People tend to forget the financial ball that is chained to the service's ankle!

... and I'll tell you where the $$$ are coming from - from the Australian taxpayer, mainly.
outnabout,

That is were the operational funding has historically come from. For capital acquisition, such as the PC24 purchase, most or all of the money could come from the private sector. To fund this purchase, you can bet the RFDS will be going cap in hand to every corporation that does business in WA (especially the mining companies).