PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2014, 07:42
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Paul Keating said in discussions that had been PM he would have simply left Weeman out in the cold until the board came to reality and they shook the company up to solve its problems.

The options were either Weeman/Clifford went or the airline was stuffed.

The airline is now stuffed.

My suggestion was for everyone to simply go sick after the lockout until the incompetents had nothing left. And if it got to where I thought it should go I'm sure 'Management' would have missed their $200,000+ per fortnight more than I would have missed my $200k per year.

I've run companies and spoken to a large number of quite wealthy business owners about this and they, like me, cannot understand any company could behave the way QF did and is. It is nonsensical behaviour and was the final nail in the coffin for most of them as to why they wouldn't fly QF again unless they could help it. Which, being fair, these idiots are solving for everyone - QF simply doesn't fly anywhere anymore so all this argument is really wasted. They have killed the airline. Personally I would have preferred staff to kill it who in many cases been doing their best for 40+ years over some incompetent buffoon who had been there 3, but the game has just about played out now.

It's impressive that neither Hirohito nor Hitler could kill Qantas, but an odious and incompetent Irishman managed it, seemingly effortlessly.

And on the Jetstar disaster, what flying has the 78 been doing of late? It seems to be following on in the footsteps of Weemans triumphant Jetstar HKG fleet in Toulouse.

He could have saved a lot of time and simply sent them to Longreach to preserve in pristine condition for future generations. One day, they will be worth a lot of money I guess to archeologists or 22nd Century Aviation Tragics