PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2014, 03:10
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
WG: Your concern and appreciation of the issues are both greatly appreciated.

These idiots have, over the last ten years, done every single thing they possibly can do to a) Extract as much cash as they possibly can for themselves and b)Systematically destroy the business with every single decision they have made being indescribably bad for the Company - that is still paying their wages BTW.

There have been great minds trying to work out an approach that might achieve something, but when the CEO is legally protected when he decides 'waking up one morning' to shut an international airline and National Flag Carrier down completely to stop evil unionists wearing red ties instead of normal black ones and making legally approved 15 second PA's at Top of Descent it is very difficult to work out what you can do that might work.

The thing that throws people is that the board should be looking out for this type of thing, but it is a conspiracy and an enormously big one. The question is really: Is it a conspiracy of truly monumental stupidity and incompetence, or a conspiracy involving the greatest theft of money from a public company ever seen in Australia?

Putting my right wing hat on (which is usually stuck firmly on my head anyway) my argument in favour of the status quo is that it should NOT be the Govts 'job' to ensure public companies are operated in the best interests of the shareholders and national interest.

For some bizarre reason (it is Sunfish and others long held belief that NYC Hedge Funds want to have half the Domestic airline travel in their pocket) the major shareholders seem to be supporting this indescribably bizarre situation, so really what could the govt do? Shareholders, Board and Management are actually all in cahoots against the evil Unionist. Sure the Govt is a big shareholder, but it does have other issues to deal with than working out who is telling bigger fibs in the airline industry.

What I can tell you from the inside and from just on 30 years of working for them, that it is absolutely awful to witness something you work so hard for over so long, being totally destroyed by people who don't care about the Company at all. 'They' are gambling with 'our' beloved Company.