PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Staff Travel- What a Joke
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 11:57
a747jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know the benefit of a confirmed seat and the comfort it brings, but with loads like that, just buy a Cat A, keep the money in your pocket instead of giving it to EK, and you will still get on. I'm not trying to be insulting, just hate to see you throw money into EK's pocket buying a CAT C when you would have no issues on a Cat A if loads on the surrounding flights to that one are even remotely close. Cat C waitlisted really only gives you better priority to a Cat A, that's it. I'm aware of the possibilities of freight load restricting a plane and the fact we are carrying enough extra fuel for single runways ops to power half the continent of Africa for a year, but with those numbers, you should still have no issues getting on with a Cat A.

Oh, and yes, the system is flawed and in my opinion (which is only my opinion) we have the amongst the worst staff travel benefits in the industry. NO company should make money they way EK do off the backs of their employees for staff travel!!!! The amount we pay for staff travel, even a Cat A, is a disgrace. I don't usually like putting opinions on here, but this is one that I believe is a true shame about EK. Sorry for the rant.