PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 08:25
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Notice Clifford who is Professional Eng is your Chairman don't see too many self called aircraft spanner men "engineers" gracing the boardrooms.
And that, my cretinous friend, is precisely the reason the Company has been so totally f:&&)/ed!

The key to any successful company is having people run it who actually know what the hell it is that the company does.

This is a bunch of cretins off the Richter scale of incompetence. The adjectives simply don't exist to properly explain their level of stupidity. They don't understand anything about aircraft:
- Maintenance
- Operations
- Customer Service
- Aerodynamics
- Public image
- Logistics
- Business
- International Relations
- Australia
- Weather

And the list is unending. It is embarrassing being associated with these complete titanic fools.

As I said in an Engagement Survey once when asked to explain how I felt about management I said something along the lines of:

' If I saw the Board and Executive Management Team on fire, and it were at all possible to do so, I would race to the nearest Petrol Station, fill up the largest tank I could and from a safe distance pump as much fuel on them as I possibly could. Their incompetence is quite simply indescribable and unless someone physically terminates them as a service to the Company, or they resign and suicide, then these surveys are a waste of time because the Company we all joined because we loved everything Qantas stood for, will, to all intents and purposes, cease to exist.'

I think I wrote that in about '05. It has taken them longer to kill it than I originally thought, but they may be doing a more thorough job....