PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 03:11
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The SOs are all members of the AIPA , and the AIPA has negotiated the EBA , workplace contracts etc on their behalf.

The Long Haul Agreement is 300 pages of give me , give me, give me, and is frankly a bizarre document. It really represents some kind of 1970s Pilot Nirvana wonderland, and really demonstrates a disconnect with reality.

There is no other document that details anywhere near the endless reams of entitlements , allowances , allowances , allowances as are detailed in this document.

You see the QF crews strutting around airports in SEA , walking the " Qantas Strut" , always mightily over crewed & with Cabin crew looking five years out from a nursing home , no doubt all earning over $100K

If you asked the pilots , well see that SIA crew they have two pilots ,why do you guys have three. You would get an answer like "We are Qantas, we are special , we are a national icon , we are therefore icons and that's how we roll brother".

Barry is telling tall stories again is he , was going to rewrite the whole document - Bahhhhhhh, when he was Pres he was babbling about job security , job security , job securitiy - what a firm grasp of reality he had.

Kiwi - call yourself what you actually are , you are a tradesman - you are not an engineer (despite what might be on some "licence"), you guys need to stop fraudulently calling yourselves engineers, it is a trade a highly skilled one sure and all aircraft tradies should be proud of their trade, the Americans just call it like it is Aircraft Mechanic.