PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2014, 21:14
FYSTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
''I wonder,'' Prince Metternich is supposed to have said when an aide whispered into his ear at a royal ball that the czar of all the Russians was dead, ''I wonder what his motive could have been.''
Professor, lets cut through the red herrings & emotional distractions, back to the core of the issue, the continued failure of management to negotiate on this back in 2010/11 Why? Answer that question. There has been more than sufficient time to do so, yet it has not happened. It is impossible to negotiate with a brick wall.

You appear to be happy to talk about everything else, except the central issue, the failure to negotiate with its workforce. What could be their motive?

Refute the statement made by Capt Barry Jackson, in writing in a national newspaper. I am not aware of any Qantas media release or statement that has denied or challenged his statement.

As I wrote back in post #146
Qantas not unions' fault
In a meeting in February 2011, I offered Alan Joyce a two-year pay freeze and a commitment to rewrite our certified agreement.

This was rejected out of hand. It is an ideological war and Mr Joyce needed the pilots to be able to lock the staff out in 2011 at a cost of over $200 million. There is nothing wrong with industrial relations in Australia but there is a lot wrong with management.

Barry Jackson
Sydney, NSW

Australian Financial Review, page 35, Friday 7 March 2014
(my bold)