PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2014, 02:07
Blueskymine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, the rumour alluded to last night. First though, the qualifier. I don't know the source very well and it's a bit of a circumstantial case. It's also a bit third hand.

Jetstar recently changed their promotional criteria to 'merit based' rather than seniority based and sent a notice to crew that they'll be accepting DECs. With the RIN on the 767, there are some thoughts bubbling that QF 767 crew may get an offer to go and fly the JQ 787s on JQ terms and conditions. Timing depends on the number of VRs that are accepted, 767 drawdown, etc.

Like I said, don't know the source and it's not from inside Qantas. Personally I put this up there with the 777 rumours but time will tell.
Great rumour, but no truth.

The FSO you are alluding to read that way due to there being a common OM suite across the entire business. Local workplace agreements overrule.

Yes seniority will be a major consideration, the other is suitability by appropriations committee. If you're not passing your sims, you won't get the upgrade.

However a recent court case involving a disgruntled FO who was passing sims at minimum standard and overlooked, ruled that he should be given the opportunity to undertake command training.

As for QF 767 pilots flying JQ 787s. Entirely possible. But they won't be based in Australia on the Australian EBA. The MOU numbers are almost at FO ranks so they'll be junior commands outside the major centres if they are offered. The existing MOU guys will have to QFR soon or go back to the sinking ship. Ones gone to CS. Two have QFR. How many will follow?